Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Eli Manning

Sometimes to me it seems like everyone that plays in the NFl or NBA are spoiled athletes with no morals.( not to mention overpayed...) But I was so impressed with Eli Manning last night; they won the superbowl this last year so obviously all eyes are on him and some have even said that he has now proven himself to be better then his brother, Peyton. Well they played they Browns last night, and Eli threw more interceptions combined than he has in the last 11 games, which they have all won. Anyway, because I was forced to listen to the after game analysis(thankyou, Joel), I heard Steve Young say that the last interception thrown was obviously not his fault, because his team mate had run the wrong route. But Eli, being the good guy that he is, when asked by the media what happened on that last play, he immediately said, I just threw a bad pass...and in defense of Eli, I said, Joel, I thought they said that it wasn't his fault? And Joel replied, well that's what a good team leader does, sometimes he takes the fall for his teammates. So obviously I will never be a team leader because I wanted to call ESPN and say IT WASN'T HIS FAULT!!!! Needless to say, I have a newfound respect for the Manning family for teaching good morals and leadership skills; and for all the funny commercials they do together. My fav. is the one where it shows Eli and Peyton at home still sleeping in bunkbeds together...too funny!!!!!!

4 comments:

Blake and Erica said...

Em,
Whats up chick! Its Erica Mouser (Nelson) Let me know what ya have been up too.

www.mousermania.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

I love that you know so much about sports! Joel is very lucky.

I too like Eli Manning, I think the commercials are hilarious.

Ashley said...

hey emmy i wish i had been taught good morals so you would like me too:) i bet mom will comment about that soon:) you are one cute sports fan if i do say so myself. HOw are you doing I have not been able to talk to you for awhile, I have a nasty sore throat and it is no fun to be on the phone but soon i will catch up to you. i love you so much

Natalie said...

You really need to update your blog. But I really like your point about Eli Manning. Miss ya!