Thursday, January 15, 2009

Confessions of a Choir Queen...

Will I ever learn???! I was asked to do the stake choir and now I am wondering what I got myself into... No not really, I actually really enjoy leading; it is kindof like ballet, except without the leaping across the stage; except last sunday I did feel like leaping OFF the stage. The hardest thing is that I don't feel like people realize how tricky it is to keep that many people all in sync, so you get a few that are really critical and basically you want to kill by the end of practice. Mostly I just want to say, firstly, if you think you can do a better job, come up here, and secondly, would you say that to me if my MOMMA was here? But the end product is going to be beautiful, and it will not hurt me to swallow my poulson pride and take advantage of the opportunity to learn some new things. I think mostly I need to learn to not go into things half prepared so I can see how much they are really going to expect of me and just do everything 1000%. And I can learn to have compassion for others who are struggling in callings or other areas and just be patient. So yes, I will learn from this, and even if I have to bring my Mom to protect me, It is going to be my hap-happiest choir experience yet!!!!:)

6 comments:

Vicki said...

You have a great attitude Emily. Life is all about taking situations and learning from them. Good for you. I like the pics of you with your kiddos. Just so cute!! Wish I could hear your choir. I know it will be great!!
Aunt Vicki

Denelle said...

Holy cow Em! That's a huge job! That was one of the callings that I told myself I never want. I participated in Stake choir this Christmas season and I thought, "What a big responsability." People who participate can actually sing, and so everybody thinks they know everything. Ruff stuff. You're awesome.

Kristi said...

Good luck with that, I wouldn't not be so good at that calling. I love that you love music, what a great thing to teach your kiddos.

You let the people who give you grief know that your mom can be very scary. :) J/K love ya Dianne

Trina said...

Oh Emily! I am so sorry you are having a hard time with choir. I feel so bad for you! Some of those old ladies are so hard, and stubborn! It is so nice of you to help sister Felsman out though!

Erin Fanello said...

Woah missy moo, you are really taking on a big project, I thought you would learn from last time:) Courtney, aaron's wife, was telling me about her choir experience and she described a similar experience and I told her your story and how common it is for things to get heated in choir, I think its worse than Priest Quorum Basketball!! Hang in there, you are wonderful and if anyone can do it it's you! love you!

Dianne said...

Emily, I think choir is like being a parent, everybody gets a little emotional and out of hand all at the same time! The thing that made it better for us with our children is to make them hold hands
until they can be nice or else put bubbles in their mouths! Can you imagine everytime they opened their mouths to sing....? Ha! Ha!
Try it...MOM

Never mind, Ashley said she LOVED holding hands with Austin! N-O-T!