Monday, January 5, 2009

I found it!

Today I was cleaning up the basement and for some reason I decided to look in this little twenty-five cent tin that I bought from the d.i. a few years ago. It was filled with legos and to my suprise, Joel's work phone that has been missing for a month or so. Joel swore he had left his phone on his desk, so when it suddenly went missing, we turned the house upside down looking for it thinking it can't be far. But when you have a two and 18 month old, where do you even begin? We were frustrated and Joel finally told his boss that he had lost this expensive phone; so you can imagine his suprise when I called him at work today and demanded I get the "best wife of the year award" for finding it. The thing that was so confusing is that we kept calling his phone, and couldn't hear it, so that's why I started to think that he had left it somewhere or dropped it in the snow. Anyway, if I can learn anything from this, maybe it would be to get rid of that stupid tin, (or a kid, haha:) but also that every prayer no matter how small matters and is answered in Heavenly Fathers own time. Now if i could just find the millions of binkys that I have lost...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you found it! I bet that is such a load off Joel's and your mind. I guess the kids can stay...right?!

Michelle said...

Too funny Emily! I found a Thomas the train toy in the dish washer this morning... I guess Melissa isn't as crazy about them as Colby as she is the one who apparently chunked it in the washer when I wasn't paying attention. Glad you found the phone for Joel! :)

Vicki said...

How awesome to find something you have misplaced. I'm sure that was a neat moment. When we pray we need to just wait for the answer. :) Love you, Aunt Vicki

Trina said...

I am so glad you found your phone and updated your blog! I'll bet that Joel was so impressed with his #1 wife! I know how frustrating it can be when you can't seem to find something you know you had, and with little kids, you never know if you will ever see it again!

Kristi said...

That is too funny! Last month Xander decided to dunk my cell phone in water like an oreo cookie. I had to let it dry out for a few days, but it ended up working. :)

Make sure you write these things down so that you can remember to remind them of these things when they have kids. :) Love ya.

Andersen Family said...

Hey Emily! How are the Vickery's? I found your blog from Sandi and Sterling's. What a sweet family you guys have!

Furniss Family said...

I know I am so glad I found your blog too!! Now we can stay in touch better. I still feel bad we weren't able to get together before we moved across the country. Sometimes I do miss life in high school though, how simple life was and fun too. I am so glad we were able to spend all that time together. Life changes and moves on too fast. I do have tons of fun with Lincoln, being a mom is the best thing in the world. I can't wait to have another one. How are your kids? Looks like you all are just doing great and I'm so glad. I like the bit on your Blog about Joel, it made me laugh, lol. Take care Em and hope to hear from ya soon :)